Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about Learning to Drive
Top Class Driving School will guide you through the necessary essentials so you can be assured of getting value out of your driving lessons with us.
Q: How do I get started?
A: You must pass your theory test.
Q: What must I do before I can start to learn to drive?
A: You must pass the theory test and receive a certificate to say you’ve passed. You must then apply for your learner permit with an applications form, 2 passport photos (signed on the back) and the €35 fee.
Q: What’s all this about needing a Sponsor?
A: You will need a Sponsor as part of your learning for the Essential Driver Training.
Q: How many lessons will I need?
A: Everyone is different. If you have a new learner permit you must complete 12 mandatory lessons (see Essential Driver Training). This should be accompanied by plenty of practice.
Q: Can I do my lessons as often as I want?
A: Yes. Your the boss. You can do your lessons in whatever structure suits you. We will come up with a plan that best suits you.
Q: Can everyone learn to drive?
A: Yes. Our qualified instructors can use different styles of teaching to suit different learning abilities. As long as your patient and committed you can learn to drive.
Q: What’s Top Class Driving School average pass rates for the driving test?
A: Currently between 94% and 98% pass rates are typical, check out the testimonials from newly qualified drivers to help ease your mind on the way Top Class Driving School approaches driving lessons.
Q: What are the most common reasons why people fail driving tests:
- Inadequate observation moving off, at junctions, at roundabouts and when changing lanes
- Failure to anticipate the actions of other drivers
- Incorrect road position on the straight, on bends, turning left, turning right, at roundabouts, and when overtaking
- Inadequate progress at junctions, roundabouts, on the straight, and when overtaking
- Incorrect or inadequate use of mirrors and signals
- Non-compliance with traffic controls, eg road signs and markings and traffic lights
- Incorrect, inadequate or inappropriate use of vehicle controls, including gears, clutch, accelerator, steering, handbrake, footbrake, and secondary controls
- Excessive speed for the road or traffic conditions
- Failure to yield the right of way to others
- Lack of competence in the reverse and U-turn manoeuvres
Q: These questions and answers are great but how do I start my driving lessons?
A: Simply give us a call on 01-516 0128 or 087-350 9665 so we can get you driving safely on the road and help you pass your driving test.
Get in Touch with Top Class Driving School Today
Contact Us Now on 01-516 0128 or 087-350 9665 to arrange your friendly and professional driving lessons in Dublin.
Excellent Driving Test Pass Rates (94% - 98%)
Alternatively Request a Call Back or Contact us with your query